This Tamil Nadu holiday package is your introduction to the wealth of Dravidian history, culture and architecture. From sculptures of half-animal gods on temples in Kanchipuram to the long corridor of pillars at the temple in Rameshwaram, you will see brilliant samples of workmanship executed centuries ago. By the sea is the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit. There is also some leisure time in Pondicherry to soak up the welcome French hangover of the town.
Madurai- a city that has been in existence for millennia, a city that can be compared to ancient Rome, a city that offers a glimpse into the soul of Tamil Nadu. Madurai truly is the essence of this South Indian state where the legends and myths of ancient Sanskrit epics come to life. The city, one of the oldest in the country, also reflects everything that screams ‘ India!’ in this modern age. With the time-honoured Meenakshi Amman Temple at its centre, life in Madurai is driven by a booming IT sector. The city, which is the cultural headquarters of Tamil Nadu, is also home to a number of industries like automobile, rubber and granite manufacturing. With the sprawling and magnificent Thirumalai Nayak Palace, Mariamman Teppakulam, Alagar Koil and marvellously built Thirupparankundram Temple, it is of no wonder that Madurai is often called Athens of the East. With a glorious history that can rival that of Greece and packed with energy, the city provides an excitement only a truly Indian city can offer. Madurai is a mine of stories, both old and new, waiting to be discovered by the curious traveller.
Experience a journey to the southern tip of India, past the majestic range of Western Ghats and sprawling green fields of rice paddies, to beautiful Kanyakumari, erstwhile Cape Comorin. Enjoy the thrill of standing on the very tip of the Indian sub-continent as the waves from three seas crash around your feet. Multi-coloured shells scattered across the golden sands give the beaches of Kanyakumari a vivid hue. Feel the goosebumps rise on your skin as you stand on Vivekananda’ s Rock, a memorial situated on a gigantic rock 500 m away from the mainland. The V-shaped continent at your back and the never-ending ocean before you, makes you feel as though you are standing at the tip of the world. Adjacent to this memorial, the Thiruvalluvar Statue rises more than a hundred feet to the sky, representing the teachings of the ancient Tamil philosopher, Thiruvalluvar. With a history that has roots in mythology, the temple of the Virgin Mother Goddess or Devi Kanya Kumari attracts millions of pilgrims every year. Being the location of the amazing confluence of Bay of Bengal, Arabian Sea and Indian Ocean, Kanyakumari offers an exhilarating respite from a hectic life.
The beautiful city of Mahabalipuram is located in the Kanchipuram district of Tamilnadu, not far from Chennai. It is a historic town with a rich collection of sculptures and temples among other attractions. The city, under the Pallava rulers, developed a distinct architectural style that contributed greatly towards the advancement of the Dravidian architecture. Many of the monuments in the city have great significance. The Panch Rathas, made from granite rock, named after the Pandavas, Thirukadalmallai the temple of Lord Vishnu and the Sculpture Museum with many stone and wood sculpture are some of the main attractions in Mahabalipuram. The Shore Temple has been restored, but the antique look has been maintained due to the erosion of the carvings. The city also boasts a good collection of structures carved out of stone – Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna’s Butterball, and Mahishamardini Cave to name a few. The city offers a temperate climate with lovely beaches for a good stroll. It is also a good place to learn stone carving from the local sculptures. Mahabalipuram’s boat rides and fishing trips make this a fun place to visit.
- Accommodation in a well appointed room
- Meal as per Plan
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Toll taxes, Parking & State Tax
- 9.0% government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, mineral water and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments and museums mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, laundry and phone calls
Advance Booking Fee
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 19 days or less before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 20 days before date of departure.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
- Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost
incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your
complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.