Enjoy a 3-day vacation to the second largest city of India, Kolkata. The capital of West Bengal, Kolkata is also known as the City of Joy. Dotted with colonial-era buildings, the food and shopping scene in Kolkata is vibrant. It is also an ideal place to sample lip-smacking Bengali cuisine. Ride the Hooghly ferries, walk along the chaotic back alleys and take an excursion to Gangasagar. On the eve of Makar Sankranti every year, Gangasagar receives hordes of visitors. The pilgrims offer prayers in the Kapil Muni Temple and take a holy dip in River Ganga.
Kolkata, formerly known as Calcutta, is known for its vivacious lifestyle, rich culture, aristocratic thinking, grand festivities and piquant flavours. Located in the eastern part of the Indian subcontinent, it is the cradle of colonial history and modern expansion. Proudly referred as the London of India, this cultural capital of the country will never fail to impress you with its diversified charm and elegance. The exquisite beauty of erstwhile Victoria Memorial, the lush green Maidan, the age-revered Medical College, the time-honoured Howrah Bridge, the grandeur of the Indian Museum, the freshness of Botanical Garden and the century-old buildings adjoining Shyam Bazaar, are some of the gems of this beautiful city. Besides the heritage monuments, Kolkata is also known for its street shopping spree. Considered as the heart of Kolkata, Esplanade along with its adjoining areas boasts its vibrant variety. The astonishing high-rises and the lavish malls are the posh additions to this city. Apart from its historic and architectural beauty, Kolkata has always been pioneering the literary, scholastic and artistic thoughts. It continues to spawn the ingenious generations of writers, poets, dancers, musicians, film-makers, painters, Nobel laureates and many more. Kolkata is famous for its flavourful extravaganza. The extraordinary variety of piquant traditional dishes and dessert delicacies like the syrupy Rosogolla, will make you go gaga after them. If you plan to visit some of the urban metropolises of India, this city on River Hooghly can definitely acquire a position on the top of your sketched itinerary.
- Accommodation in a well appointed room
- Meal as per Plan
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Toll taxes, Parking & State Tax
- 9.0% government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, mineral water and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments and museums mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, laundry and phone calls
Advance Booking Fee
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 19 days or less before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 20 days before date of departure.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
- Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost
incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your
complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.