This Tamil Nadu holiday package is your introduction to the wealth of Dravidian history, culture and architecture. From sculptures of half-animal gods on temples in Kanchipuram to the long corridor of pillars at the temple in Rameshwaram, you will see brilliant samples of workmanship executed centuries ago. By the sea is the Shore Temple in Mahabalipuram, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and a must-visit. There is also some leisure time in Pondicherry to soak up the welcome French hangover of the town.
Chennai, the capital city of Tamil Nadu in India, is a fast-paced metropolitan city and home to a rich heritage with an alluring historical background. Some of the major attractions in Chennai include the Kapaleeshwar Temple, ISKCON Temple, Sri Parthasarathy Temple and San Thome Cathedral which is one of the three St. Thomas Basilicas in the world. When you have had your share of divine sightseeing, head to the beaches in Chennai. Breezy beach, Marina beach and Covelong are known for their panoramic views. There are also historical places of high significance like the mighty Fort St. George, which was the foothold of British, Government Museum and Art Gallery which has several artefacts of sculptures and carvings from 9th and 11th centuries. Shopping in Chennai is a highly rewarding experience. Both souvenirs and world’ s leading brands are available to shop in Chennai. This city has something for everyone and before you know it, this cultural metropolitan hub would have sneaked into your heart.
Situated in the Chittoor district of the state of Andhra Pradesh, Tirupati is a Hindu temple town that draws millions of devotees every year. People come to this city to pay homage at the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, dedicated to Lord Vishnu. The temple is perched on top of the Tirumala Hill, with the Tirupati town lying at its foothills. This holy city also houses numerous other temples and monuments. Your stay in this divine destination will begin with the sweet sound of temple bells and melodious mantras. Tirupati is considered as one of the holiest Hindu cities in the world and is referred to as the ‘ Spiritual Capital of Andhra Pradesh’ . In 2013, it was even named as the ‘ Best Heritage City’ by India’s Ministry of Tourism. Apart from the Tirumala Venkateswara Temple, the other popular places to visit in the city are Gurramkonda Fort, Sri Venkateswara Zoological Park, Silathoranam, Sri Varahaswami Temple, Sri Kapileswara Swamy Temple, TTD Gardens, Sri Venugopalaswamy Temple, Sri Venkateswara Museum and many more. The town is also a popular tourist destination for those who want to learn more about Hinduism.
The beautiful city of Mahabalipuram is located in the Kanchipuram district of Tamilnadu, not far from Chennai. It is a historic town with a rich collection of sculptures and temples among other attractions. The city, under the Pallava rulers, developed a distinct architectural style that contributed greatly towards the advancement of the Dravidian architecture. Many of the monuments in the city have great significance. The Panch Rathas, made from granite rock, named after the Pandavas, Thirukadalmallai the temple of Lord Vishnu and the Sculpture Museum with many stone and wood sculpture are some of the main attractions in Mahabalipuram. The Shore Temple has been restored, but the antique look has been maintained due to the erosion of the carvings. The city also boasts a good collection of structures carved out of stone – Arjuna’s Penance, Krishna’s Butterball, and Mahishamardini Cave to name a few. The city offers a temperate climate with lovely beaches for a good stroll. It is also a good place to learn stone carving from the local sculptures. Mahabalipuram’s boat rides and fishing trips make this a fun place to visit.
- Accommodation in a well appointed room
- Meal as per Plan
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Toll taxes, Parking & State Tax
- 9.0% government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, mineral water and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments and museums mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, laundry and phone calls
Advance Booking Fee
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 19 days or less before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 20 days before date of departure.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
- Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost
incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your
complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.