In the upcoming holidays, plan a tour to Shirdi and Aurangabad – two important tourist destinations in Maharashtra. While Shirdi is famous for the Sai Baba Temple, Aurangabad is popular for the ancient Ajanta and Ellora Caves. Spend quality time at these attractions to make your vacation a worthwhile experience. So, get the best of both these destinations by planning a holiday in Maharashtra.
Aurangabad is the tourism capital of Maharashtra. As it is guarded by 54 gates around the city boundaries, Aurangabad is known as the ‘ City of Gates’ . The city is a blend of rich cultural heritage and the rapid modernisation. Major attractions in Aurangabad include the UNESCO world heritage sites of Ajanta and Ellora caves. The paintings and carvings at Ajanta depict the serenity and calmness of Lord Buddha. One can also visit Bibi ka Maqbara, which is a replica of the Taj Mahal and Panchakki, a 17th-century water mill, which is an engineering masterpiece. Grishneshwar Temple is an architectural marvel and also one of the 12 ‘ Jyotirlings’ of the Hindu deity, Lord Shiva. The invincible Devagiri-Daulatabad fort , located at 16 kilometres from the city, is a famous monument that attracts travellers here. Other places of sightseeing in Aurangabad include a few caves, Khultabad, Bani Begum Garden with Mughal architectural grandeurs and the Jama Masjid. Other than tourism, the industrial sector boasts of some of the huge names in automobile and manufacturing, having their plants set here and providing economic growth. The city is known for its rich history, historical monuments and diverse handicrafts.
Located in the district of Ahmednagar in Maharashtra, Shirdi is one of the most significant religious destinations in India. It is just 190 km from Pune and 240 km from Mumbai. The town is known for being the abode of Sai Baba, the great saint who passed away in the year 1918. Though the real name and birthplace of Sai Baba is not known, he is believed to have arrived at Shirdi when he was around 16 years old and started living in the Khandoba temple. Revered by both Hindus and Muslims, it is unclear which religion he belonged to. The saint spent almost 50 years of his life in this town preaching his famed saying ‘ Sabka Maalik Ek’ (one God for all). Sai Baba has been (and still is) worshipped by people from various religions, backgrounds, ethnicities and countries. The town of Shirdi receives thousands of visitors who come to visit the shrine of Sri Sai Baba and the other attractions like the Dixit Wada Museum, Adul Baba Cottage, Dwarkamai and more. The town of is full of kindness, warmth and friendliness.
- Accommodation in a well appointed room
- Meal as per Plan
- All transfers and sightseeing as per the itinerary in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- All Toll taxes, Parking & State Tax
- 9.0% government service tax
- Anything not mentioned under ‘Package Inclusions’
- All personal expenses, optional tours and extra meals
- Camera fees, alcoholic/non-alcoholic beverages, mineral water and starters
- Vehicle service on leisure days for sightseeing not included in the itinerary
- Entrance fees at all monuments and museums mentioned in the itinerary
- Medical and travel insurance
- Tips, laundry and phone calls
Advance Booking Fee
- 30 days or more before date of departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before date of departure: 50% of total cost
- 19 days or less before date of departure: 100% of total cost
Important: The booking stands liable to be cancelled if 100% payment is not received less than 20 days before date of departure.
If you Cancel your Holiday
You or any member of your party may cancel their travel arrangements at any time. Written notification or an e-mail to that effect from the person who made the booking must be received at our office. The cancellation charges applicable are as per the published cancellation policy below:
Cancellation charges per person
- 30 days or more before departure: 25% of total cost
- 29 – 20 days before departure: 50% of total cost
- Less than 19 days before departure: 100% of total cost
If we change or cancel your holiday
- We do plan the arrangements in advance. It is unlikely that we will have to make any changes to your travel arrangements.
- Occasionally, we may have to make changes and we reserve the right to do so at any time. If there are any changes, we will advise you of them at the earliest possible date.
- We also reserve the right under any circumstances to cancel your travel arrangements by assigning reasons to you.
- If we are unable to provide the booked travel arrangements due to reasons beyond our control (e.g. bad weather):We shall first try to offer alternative dates for the tour if the tour hasn’t already commenced.
- If the tour has already commenced, then we shall refund the booking price/fee charged to you on a pro-rata basis depending on the portion of the tour utilized by you.
- In all circumstances, however, our liability shall be limited to refunding to you the price we charged as tour fees.
If you want to change your holiday plan
After confirmation of services, if you wish to change your travel arrangements in any way (e.g. your chosen departure date or accommodation), we will do our utmost to make these changes but it may not always be possible. Any request for changes must be in writing from the person who made the booking. All cost
incurred due to amendment will be borne by you.
If you have a complaint
If you face any problem during your holiday, please inform the relevant supplier (e.g. your hotelier, transporter etc.) and/or our representative immediately who will endeavour to set things right. If your complaint is not resolved locally, please follow this up within 28 days of your return home by writing to us, with your booking reference and all other relevant information. However, please be advised that while we are happy to assist you in the redressal of your
complaint, if any, we will be able to extend only our best efforts in managing/coordinating your complaint with the respective service provider. All third party service providers are independent contractors who are at no time under our control or supervision.
All booking vouchers and tickets will be provided 3 days before departure.